Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Sun and a lot of work to be done

The weather last weekend was just perfect, so after a night out we spent Saturday chilling in Jarun park, to the South-West from the city centre. In the park people were practicing rowing on the lake in the park, others were walking their dogs or just chilling like us. The weather turned during the day from nice and sunny to cold (not really, but felt like it) and windy but still some crazy guys jumped into the water. I would love to do it too, but not yet!

Sunday I spend cleaning, but the weather was too perfect to be inside so I took my book and walked into town for a tea in the sun and to finish my book. As it is still early in the spring/summer, it gets quickly cold once the sun is gone. I also have again the same feeling of missing the sun in the evenings because in Finland you get used to having the sun around you all day and night in the summer. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy being here much more than in Finland where it was snowing while I was reading in the sun!

This week has again been very busy at work and mainly because of the first official meetings I get to attend. Yesterday I was invited to the residence of the ambassador to join a lunch with the officials from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs dealing with Finland. The food was super delicious but besides that I could also witness how different people took different roles, what topics were discussed and how the conversation was flowing. Then today was a meeting with the people of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs to discuss the Croatian development policy. You can see with your own eyes, that the country is currently in a transition phase but especially when it comes to this topic - from aid recipient a couple of years ago to being now a EU member and donor themselves is quite a radical change in many different terms that it is definitely worth following.

Tonight a movie night is planned so I need to leave soon but before that: my precious bike that takes me everywhere!


2 comments:

  1. Dank, heb gelezen :) Wow, mooie fiets! Weet je al, waar je hem kunt stallen?
    Dat park waar je heen ging, daar kan men dus zwemmen? Of is er een modderbodem..... In de rivier in Ljubliana mag men niet zwemmen, daar stonden bordjes, dat het water niet schoon genoeg is en het zag er ook vies-groen uit.....
    Heb je ook wat gezegd op de vergadering? Waren er veel mensen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb een foto gemaakt van de fiets in de garage, waar hij mooi veilig en droog binnen staat. Over de bodem van het meer kan ik nog niets zeggen want ik heb het nog niet zo goed bestudeert, later zeker meer hier over. Nu is het ook nog veel te koud om buiten te zwemmen. Ik moet ook het zwembad op zoeken!

      Delete